A real-time vehicle handling editor for Grand Theft Auto V, intended for vehicle (handling) developers, to easily adjust handling in-game and see the effects of the changes immediately.
- In-game menu for real-time handling entry editing
- Load and save XML/meta files, starting from the <Item /> level
- Drawn COM, roll centre heights and more
- Reload vehicle with all its modifications
- Grabs additional parameter information from GTAVHandlingInfo
- Automatically updates (on launch) if a newer version is present
- Supports SubHandlingData (almost completely)
- CCarHandlingData (including AdvancedData)
Extract RTHandlingEditor.asi and the HandlingEditor folder to the main GTA V folder.
Check the settings_menu.ini file in the HandlingEditor folder to change menu hotkeys, if desired.
Open the cheat console with the tilde key: (~)
Use the rthe cheat to open the menu.
The menu itself should be straightforward – most options have a description.
Inside the editing menus every parameter can be manually entered by pressing Enter on that option.
Certain parameters do not apply instantly – the vehicle needs to be reloaded. The main menu contains a trigger for this – the current vehicle will be reloaded with all its tuning modifications.
The menu has options for saving the active handling to a file and loading a handling in the “HandlingFiles” folder inside the “HandlingEditor” folder, to the current car.
The accepted XML format is one Item entry per XML file.
Most options apply instantly. Some options, like centre of mass offsets need a respawn of the car.
Information on handling parameters and handling flags are on GitHub, and the script will automatically update if newer versions are present.
Feel free to contribute, Pull requests are accepted. The initial version is populated with notes by Aquaphobic.
– SubHandlingData items like CCarHandlingData and CAdvancedData are only applied if the original handling has them, the script does not generate new SubHandlingData or AdvancedData entries.
– The table view for flags might be out of view for aspect ratios narrower than 16:9.
This was made for SP only. For FiveM, grab something like these:
– Handling Editor by Neos7
– Vehicle Handling Editor by Blumlaut
A massive thank you to all contributors who have helped and made this possible!
Features and improvements:
Loads additional parameter descriptions from the GTAVHandlingInfo repository
notes.json is automatically updated, like flags.json
Support most SubHandlingData, except for vehicle weapons. Thanks to @fingaweg for the class definitions!
Add missing fPopUpLightRotation, fRocketBoostCapacity, fBoostMaxSpeed to main handling parameters
Update center of mass on respawns and when loading a handling file
Minor improvements by @fingaweg
* Apply Center of Mass as soon as they’re edited (Inertia changes still need a full game/model reload)
* Allow gamepads to toggle flags with RB (handbrake)
* Fix an issue where crashes may occur when saving a handling
* Enable table editor for strDamageFlags
* Hide MF_/HF_/DF_/AF_ and _ prefixes in table, display in table as UpperCamelCase
* Update included flags file to version 2.0 with changes from GreenAid and Wildbrick
* Add a table representation for strModelFlags, strHandlingFlags and strAdvancedFlags
* Add descriptions for individual flags
* Load updated descriptions from GitHub.
* Load and save CCarHandlingData (if present, only CCarHandlingData is supported at this time)
* Load and save CCarHandlingData->AdvancedData (if number of AdvancedData items are equal)
* Suggest handling name if AddonSpawner is installed (if handling name of current vehicle is the same as a model name)
* Fix vehicle sometimes getting different colors when respawned
* Fix fInitialDriveGears sometimes getting an invalid value
* Add editing for handling flags
* Add sub handling data
* Add advanced handling data
* Add HandlingReplacement awareness
* Draw center of mass and rollcentres
* Update respawn vehicle with all tuning options
* Various misc fixes
* Revamped the entire thing with an in-game menu, removed hotkeys
* Load and save .XML-formatted data instead of the old .ini
* Added some semblance of handling management, with the folder
* Experimental: Try using patterns to find handling offset. If it works, it’s more future-proof.
* v1.6.1 uses Unknown Modder’s pattern, but for 1180 should return the same. v1.6 might not work for all versions.
* Update offset for v1.0.1103.2
* Update offset for v1.0.944.2
* Update offset for v1.0.877.1
* Correctly apply Bias pairs
* Correctly apply Ratio pairs (thanks, leftas!)
* Add flag reading/writing
* Added XML/.meta reader!
* Add notifications
* Fix fAntiRollBarBiasFront wrong value
* Fix fDriveBiasFront special cases for 1.0 and 0.0
* Changed metrics to only show longitudinal and lateral G-Forces and y-acceleration in m/s2 (forward and backward)
* Added size parameter for info block