Ampache is a web based audio/video streaming application and file manager allowing you to access your music & videos from anywhere, using almost any internet enabled device.
Ampache’s usefulness is heavily dependent on being able to extract correct metadata from embedded tags in your files and/or the file name. Ampache is not a media organiser; it is meant to be a tool which presents an already organised collection in a useful way. It assumes that you know best how to manage your files and are capable of choosing a suitable method for doing so.
A web server. All of the following have been used, though Ampache receives the most testing with Apache:
PHP 7.1-7.4 (Ampache 4.x.x)
PHP 7.4 (Ampache 5.0.x)
PHP 8.0 (Ampache 5.1.x and higher)
PHP 8.1 (TBC)
- simplexml (optional)
- curl (optional)
For FreeBSD The following php modules must be loaded:
MySQL 5.x / MySQL 8.x / MariaDB 10.x
If you are upgrading from an older version of Ampache we recommend moving the old directory out of the way, extracting the new copy in its place and then copying the old /config/ampache.cfg.php, /rest/.htaccess, /channel/.htaccess, and /play/.htaccess files if any. All database updates will be handled by Ampache.
Ampache is free software; you can redistribute it and/or modify it under the terms of the GNU Affero General Public License v3 (AGPL-3.0-or-later) as published by the Free Software Foundation.
Ampache includes some external modules that carry their own licensing.
Thanks to all those who have helped make Ampache awesome: Credits
Hate it? Love it? Let us know! Dozens of people send ideas for amazing new features, report bugs and further develop Ampache actively. Be a part of Ampache with it’s more than 10 years long history and get in touch with an awesome and friendly community!
- For Live discussions, visit us on our IRC Channel at chat.freenode.net #ampache or alternative via a web based chat client
- For harder cases or general discussion about Ampache take a look at our Google Groups Forum
- Found a bug or Ampache isn’t working as expected? Please refer to the Issues Template and head over to our Issue Tracker
- Our Telegram Group
- Official Twitter
- Official Mastodon
Further Information and basic Help
- Everything related to the Ampache Project can be found on our Public Repository
- Want to know, how to get Apache to work or learn more about the functions? See our Documentation
We hope to see you soon and that you have fun with this Project!