Go to Stretto, or if you would like to host it yourself, scroll down to the developer instructions.
How does Stretto work?
Stretto works by backing every single one of your tracks with a video or song from youtube or soundcloud. It then uses the companion chrome extension to download the tracks to your browser directly.
Here is a list of some of the features Stretto has:
- Import your playlists from Spotify
- Syncing libraries between machines
- Automatic lyric fetching for the currently playing song
- Music discovery through iTunes/Spotify top charts
- Search iTunes and add tracks to library seamlessly
- Multiple themes available
- Android Support via Kiwi Browser (see below)
- Completely free!
Since Stretto works as a progressive web app, you can use Kiwi browser on Android to use it on mobile. More information here: https://blog.kaiser.lol/stretto-music-player/#using-stretto-on-android
Setup a .env file to setup your environment variables:
GOOGLE_CLIENT_ID=<...> SPOTIFY_CLIENT_ID=<...> SOUNDCLOUD_CLIENT_ID=<...>
Running in Docker + Docker Compose
That’s it! Go to http://localhost:3000
- Node.js 12
- Mongodb running
Add your MONGO_URL settings to your environment variables, then execute
yarn npm run dev