2020-01-17 21:20
» Replies: 14
» Views: 644

Friends
CSdownload
VideoShare

Base Builder Sugestion [ RULES ]
Lightbulb 
Hello, I think you should add to the regulations a point where it is forbidden to boost Zombies or Man on camp.

Due to the fact that you can never camp up, because the zombies even fill up with 4 people ...
Thanks given by:
No, there's walls you can use to prevent boost opportunities.

And a counter to your point - "you can never run around the map without a base, why not add a super overpowered gun to kill zombies in 1 shot?". This works on the same principle as your statement.

I will not say yes to a rule that would make the overall skill level go down and limit its growth. When a simple and flawed base can't save you, you resort to something that would not be as flawed and to be effective to keep you alive, you don't resort to bending the world around so that the flawed base can succeed.

Even in a post-apocalypstic scenario where someone out of their mind adds such a rule, there's no way to enforce it and players will always use it.

The solution for you is to build such bases that aren't susceptible to boosts.
There's plenty of YouTube tutorials for such bases.
Thanks given by:
(2020-01-12, 22:05)PomPa man Wrote: No, there's walls you can use to prevent boost opportunities.

And a counter to your point - "you can never run around the map without a base, why not add a super overpowered gun to kill zombies in 1 shot?". This works on the same principle as your statement.

I will not say yes to a rule that would make the overall skill level go down and limit its growth. When a simple and flawed base can't save you, you resort to something that would not be as flawed and to be effective to keep you alive, you don't resort to bending the world around so that the flawed base can succeed.

Even in a post-apocalypstic scenario where someone out of their mind adds such a rule, there's no way to enforce it and players will always use it.

The solution for you is to build such bases that aren't susceptible to boosts.
There's plenty of YouTube tutorials for such bases.
Hello! Thank you for your response. I play on BB servers for 2 years, but I'm from Poland, on Polish servers everyone has such a rule. You see now you throw everyone in one bag and tell everyone to do camps only on the ground, which is pointless ... what if I and a lot of new players are doing camps only in the air? Should we give up playing? It's not even nonsense to you that you NEED (you can't) you just need to do camps that block all entries near the ground? even on high maps yesterday people did 'I believe zombies' with 7 people. so we exclude every camp in the air this way ... Think again and answer, if you answer, close the topic. Thank you for your understanding and best regards.
EDIT:
In addition, I would like to add that your comparison - killing zombies with 1 shot, and filling the camps does not make sense.
Thanks given by:
I prefer to keep suggestion threads open, so that there can always be a discussion.

My example is a mirror of your example.
I will even further elaborate on it for you. I will use zombie plague mods as the other place where you can get similar conflicts.

A playstyle that that doesn't provide the desired success is scrapped while a better solution is being looked for.
In zombie base builder you have to build your own base - as long as it follows the basic rules of fair play.
There are two teams - zombies and humans - thus, teamplay is encouraged. There are many elements to teamplay for both sides.

In zombie plague the point is also to survive, but you use what the map has provided for you in terms of ready "bases".
In both mods you have to kill the other team. The zombies always have a lot more durability than humans do, which is a tell for humans not to play it like a 5v5 game on de_dust2, if they attempt to simply run around and take aim duels, they will find themselves slaughtered.
So, a working strategy is established - humans will look for suitable hiding places to ensure their survival and use any tools necessary to do so.
Zombies, on the other hand, knowing the tendencies of the humans, if possible to them, will use any other means to kill the humans.

Same thing happens in base builder, but the difference is that you have complete freedom over what you will build to keep yourself alive. So, if you build a base in which you get massacred - there is no reason to expect NOT to be massacred.
There is also no reason to expect a losing strategy to be artificially bolsterred.

The example with zombie plague is the same - there are zombie plague mods (100%) that would allow you to have a 1-shot kill weapon if you purchase it; That would allow for players to just run around and shoot the zombies as they have the tools to do so and it can work as a strategy (to an extent). If used in a hiding spot (tunnels, mainly), they will most likely never be killed, but for the sake of argument, they are running around. Mods that do not have such a weapon and rely more on hiding spots allowing the humans enough time to take down their enemies, factoring in reload time, whether or not the player is going full auto or bursting, or if he is alone, etc. Imagine a case where the latter is the case and that you wish that zombies have less health so that you can play in such a way that is not going to allow you to survive.

Back to base builder now. Luckily for you, base builder has so many more possibilites than a simple zombie plague mod has in terms of creativity coming from players while on the server.
Another thing to mention, since you come from the polish base builder scene, which has never been heard of on my end (in terms of it ever being large or skilled enough in the field of base builder), there are several things to consider - servers are built in a different manner and you will be used to that style of play as you may or may not have been on base builder servers that have a different playstyle and set of rules. You also name things differently. You say "camp", but I do not associate a single base with the word "camp", in fact, a friend of mine built up an entire list of known bases, from all over the globe, not just a local list. In that list (which is also on the forums as I've reposted it where I can since his departure from base builder entirely) "camp" is an entire group/section of large bases.
I do believe that when you say "camp", you refer to a simple air base with tiny ledges zombies need to pass, or perhaps a "trap" type of base.
In either case, having a limited knowledge of what you know how to build means that anyone else that has played longer than you have and has dealt with said bases will already know their weaknesses and utilise them to their advantage.

Furthermore, what you told me about what polish servers do is not finding a solution to the problem, it is going around it in a dishonest and dishonorable way, a way that prevents any improvement. A thing that plagues every zombie mod (apart from zombie escape) is that players are very focused on getting kills and being the top ranked player. When you make just an air base, which is extremely low effort, as well as having that rule in place, it is just a lot of easy kills in a situation where if any thought was put behind creating the ruleset, this loss of perspective (in these polish servers that you mention) wouldn't have happened. If it is the other base type that I mentioned, where if they fail to pass an obstacle, they will fall into a trap that they can't get out from - there are cases where having a rule to prevent zombies from climbing out is a good idea, but that would be in zombie base builder v4.3 and not the v6.5 one, which is the original base builder mod and also the one at play here.

To elaborate on why it is good in one and bad in the other mod, I will provide an example.
The v4.3 mod has upgares that you can do to your zombie and other upgrades for the human. One of these upgrades is lowered gravity. As you can guess, there, a zombie could just jump out of a trap by itself and it would make sense that if you want traps to be used, you can have such a rule. But, also, at the same time, in such a mod, ground bases are even more efficient than they are here. The example I give was only applied to a trap base, not to a normal air base with a ledge(s), where zombies would just jump in and kill you from any direction by themselves. I do not like mods with such upgrades as they devalue player skill and teamplay among other things that they screw up.
The 6.5 mod by Tirant, or the original base builder mod, does not have such upgrades, you have your zombie classes which are good at something and bad at another thing, although, the majority use the jump zombie.

So, not allowing zombies to play as a team and instead be murdered by kill-hungry, non-skilled players? I disagree. Teamplay is a part of CS and also a part of zombie mods. I encourage teamplay and I encourage that players improve themselves in any way they can.

In my first comment I gave you the easiest solution, which is to put walls around your bunker to prevent players boosting up. Your comment also leads me to believe that you dislike ground bases. Due to that, I will provide with a few examples of what you can build that will be protected from boosting zombies.

I will only leave you with these two as they can be replicated on pretty much any map and are very simple to do.

And since this is getting long, I will wrap up my comment so it is more digestible.
Thanks given by:
I don't create camps in the air which are about block passing by blocking other blocks on PIXEL, I create special campaigns for you.
I do not play as a team because I do not like. I am of the opinion that only the weak play as a team because they cannot survive alone.
But since this is your opinion, I think you can close the topic because I see that it makes no sense to discuss this topic with you, you force everyone to create camps on earth and you don't allow others to create your UNIQUE campaigns. Many players who start playing on BB create camps in the air, unfortunately your server forbids it so they quickly leave your BB and are discouraged from playing on such a server. This is my subjective opinion that I see playing on your server.
Yours faithfully, krzysieX.
Thanks given by:
To the contrary - you can build anything you want, it is only its efficiency that you have to think about. If you want to build something that can't keep you alive under some very specific circumstances, you have chosen poorly what you want to build.
As I also mentioned, teamplay has several different aspects. In our case, I was mainly referring to zombies using teamplay. Whether or not you wish to receive help by other humans is up to you (but it sounds like you need it). At this very moment you are claiming that we are limiting the amount of bases that you can build which is very untrue - the only one that is limiting what YOU can build is YOURSELF by not attempting better ideas and being stuck with a base that could only work if a very specific rule was in place. I've spent years teaching players how to work as a team when they are zombies, I would not undo that to have a poor quality base be viable. That's like banning everyone from using AKs because glocks aren't so useful in gun rounds.

And, since you want me to close the thread and prevent yourself from enlightenment, so be it.
Thanks given by: